• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dirty waterblock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

link1305

In a week or so I'm taking my whole computer apart and moving it too a bigger case. I am planning on changing the watercooling tubes, since I have plenty extra. Today I noticed that there is a while buildup on the inside of the waterblock (MAZE 3) Would it be ok to take the polethene top off to clean it? would I use something like a cotten swab? or should I just forget about the white stuff?

Its not a problem, Just leave the O-ring in there, dont mess with it. you should be fine. What is the white stuff? hard water build up? I dont think there should be white stuff in there...

Jon

How often are you supposed to cleam the waterblock? I have the D-tek WW, but it has the aluminum top...so I cannot tell when it is dirty. Any suggestions?

Sorry for the threadjack.

I would gess if you ran distilled water, with few additives, it wouldn't ever need it.

But, maybe once a year?

Back