• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maze 4 Warning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

irish80122

This is just a heads up, nothing more. I am not trying to discourage people from buying the Maze 4, but I am currently in talks (well, if they respond to the email) Dangerden about a replacement. The problem is that the block leaks from one of the barbs that comes out of the clear top. There isn't anything I can really do to get to it and I have tested enough to know it isn't my setup, it just leaks there every single time. Everything else I got from Dangerden, which is most of the system works great, but it keeps leaking which worries me a lot. Just a heads up on it, has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know a solution other than replacing it? Thanks.

I thought about that and I may do that if I don't get a replacement from them, but replacement is preferable to doing that for obvious reasons. Also, I am not sure how strong of pressure the silicone would hold back, I don't know the pressure in there.

I should have done that, you can't see anything anyways. Oh well, if they offer me that option I will take it, I hope they offer me an option though. I don't know that they will, which would really *edit* make me mad. I would be in Gripes and Moans for months after that!

I tried that too today, but that isn't the problem. The leak isn't where my tube hits the barb, it is where the barb goes into the lucetite top. It has nothing to do with my tube at all, the actual block leaks!

Of course not! Teflon tape goes on the threads, not on the barb itself. You wrap it around the threads about 4times and screw it in.

I didn't for a few reasons, first of all that thing is pretty securely in there, and I don't know if I could get it out. Secondly, I think they would be much less likely to offer a replacement if my tampering is evident, and lastly I am the type who would mess something up and have it cause a catostrophic leak!

This kind of thing could happen on ANY block, not just the maze4.

When wraping teflon tape, your only suposed to use 1 turn, or a little more. I usually use between 1 and 2 turns.

See what they can do, Its a pretty simple sealing job. If they wont replace, take the proper wrench and unscrew it, clean it off a little and apply some RTV silicone or teflon tape and HAND tighten it back in.
Are they metal or plastic barbs?
With metal, you must be more careful. They dont give, the top has to give. With plastic the barb will give before the top.

Jon

It seems to me that the plexi tops just remain problematic. I guess there is no replacement for good old copper. :S

Granted, all said and good, but when it comes down to it, regardless, if the block was sold with the plexi top or however. It should work as stated, period.

The MAZE4 with Lucite top I received 2 weeks ago came with Teflon tape already installed around the threads of the brass barbs.
I surprised yours doesn't; the tape is clearly visible on my threads.

Mine has the teflon tape just like yours does, the problem is it still leaks. It isn't a matter of if the tape is there or not, it is that it leaks. I am not a look freak honestly so what I think I will do is just silicone that seal shut around the outside of the barb, then it will work.

i havnt had a dangerden waterblock leak, but i have had one of their res' leak. it also has teflon tape and it just leaked. i sent it in and got a new one and its been working great ever since (until 2 days ago i broke it in a watercooling accident).

Granted, all said and good, but when it comes down to it, regardless, if the block was sold with the plexi top or however. It should work as stated, period.

i totaly agree. if for some reason a product dont work it should be replaced free of charges. thats why people get angry at certian pumps . they dont work great out of the box like some others other

You could always try calling them too if you don't see a response to your email soon enough for ya. They are a fairly small operation I think. A friend I work with called them up and asked about coming out to take a tour of their facilities and they said to come on out. They hooked him up with a maze 4 for free for his AMD before they were available for sale even. Seem like pretty good peeps.

The DangerDen lucite bay res has silicone around the poly barbs and the lucite. I "broke" loose one of the barbs while pushing a tube so I re-siliconed it...

Did you leak at the screw-in connection on the res or the glued seams?

Back