• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i upped the vcore and now it won't boot...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tekkism

Registered
I just bought an NF7 v.2 because i THOUGHT my 8rda+ didnt work. That turned out to be the PSU (antec trupower 480w w/ the Pentium wires cut off when i purchased it) not working. So now my NF7 was working fine, until i tried upping the vcore alittle to 1.9v to see wat fsb I can get. The computer won't boot...I get a red and yellow light on the mobo...i tried holding INSERT and restarting and its no go. I definitely think something's wrong w/ my PSU. Anyone know wat I can do? Last time it just worked miraclously on my 8rda+...life sux ***

well i bought a converter wire for the 4 pin, even though ppl said it doesn't matter if you need it or not...

well i tried the PSU on another mobo (a7v8x) and it booted, so it must be my bios chip...when i tried hot flashing my nf7 chip on the a7v8x, i get a error msg saying like " award flash not updated, please update ROM first" i even tried diong the /F command, no go either...

omg, i figured it out...my computer is not grounded properly, i took the mobo out and it works! wat can i do now...

If you r lucky mobo bio might not short out. Otherwise RMA the board if still under warranty. Or get a new bio chip.
I made the same mistake b4 with a MSI delta. It was going ok but dont like o/c so I change the bugga to this NF7-S.

naw, i fixed it...one of the mounting nut wasnt on right so i took it out, and i bent those teeth things on the i/o shield in...so it boots, thats all i care :-d

Back