• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP - Win2k Won't Recognize Raid Array on P4C800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
I'm trying to install Win2k on my P4C800 DLX with a raid 0 array consisting of 2 Maxtor DM 9 60GB drives with highpoint sata converters. I had no problem creating the array with the promise utility. I'm using bios version 1008 and I downloaded the 1.00.1.34 drivers from Asus's site and created the floppy. I specify additional drivers during setup and select the promise win 2000 drivers from the floppy. When windows finally gets to the setup section it says there are no available hard drives to install on. I've tried changing the bios IDE config between enhanced and compatible mode - doesn't make any difference either way. What am I missing here?

EDIT - just tried Win XP also and it has the same exact problem :(

Last edited:
Okay everybody I just earned my Idiot+ cert :D I was using the plain old Promise ATA drivers instead of the ATA Raid drivers. Initially the regular ATA drivers caught my eye at the top of the list on Asus's download section and I never thought there were two separate drivers. Just goes to show it's not wise to setup new systems at 2 am.

Back