• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rga+ reseated water block, weird beeping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grindee

Desperate need of help! 8rga+ weird beeping wont oc anymore

So i took off my water block to reroute the tubes, put it back on, and when i turned it on i heard a faint alternating long highish and lowish beep. it is extremely quiet, so it sounds like its not got enough power or something. It wont turn on unless its pretty much stock settings. I also noticed that the beeping happens after the system shuts itself off... but the power LED stays on.. it is quite strange.

also i noticed that my 3.3v line says 2.64v.. the other lines are fine... what uses this line? i think this is the prob eh, but why would it suddenly happen when i reseated water block ahhhhh

tia,
grindee

Last edited:
Did you by any chance damage a capacitor? Or did something get unseated? Is your PSU new or old? Do you have another PSU to test with? That is what I would try first.

dont think so

no i dont see any damaged capicitors, im going to test the 3.3v line because it only reads as 2.64v. I dont see why changing the water block would effect the psu, perhaps its a coincidence.

tx

well me and grindee measured his 3.3 v line by turning on the psu via pin 14 and 17 and then putting a orange and black wire in the multimeter.. reads fine.. 3.3 right on target pretty much

probably a motherboard problem... anyone got an idea?

max

i checked the capacitors

I checked the capacitors and see no noticable physical damage, i am almost 100% sure i didnt touch them at all with the water block, this puzzles me.

man whats wrong

bah i tried to see if battery the probem no, then i tried 13.5x166 at stock volts and it doesnt work, but it doesnt turn off by itself, it just stays black screen and beeping with the fans/lights on, if i turn up the voltage, it turns off and has a faint beeping and the power light stays on....wtf is this its possessed.

i think its cpu

im pretty sure i damaged my cpu core somehow, because it will only do 9x200 fsb i tried with only 1 stick of ram etc, and its either mobo or cpu, but no capacitor damage so..im gona buy a proccesor, oc it, then return it ;)

did it

did it no workie workie, i think cpu is messed from taking wb on and off many times. I can only run 9x200 stable..by reset u mean clear cmos right?

Back