• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sound qualty of the NF7-M

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xune

Registered
Sound qualty of the NF7-M?

I am currently considering upgrading my motherboard from an MSI K7N 420 Pro to an NForce 2 based board.

My first choice is the MSI K7N2G-ILSRI, however, I am in the position of buying a very cheap NF7-M.

I understand that the onboard sound that comes with the -M is not soundstorm, unlike the -S and the MSI board. But what I would like to know is what will the sound quality be like compared to my existing sound system (I use intergrated sound that came with the K7N)?

I should also mention that I don't have intentions to do overclocking with this board.

Thanks for reading, Xune.

Last edited:
i think it could be the same or maybe better as it still uses Nvidia sound (Not soundstorm). Your best bet would be to go to a computer shop and ask if you can hear the sound on that perticular board. that way you can make a decision on which one is better.

The NF7-M uses a 6 channel AC97 codec with 24bit digital output. I'm sure it's better than any older onboard sound.

For the price of the MSI K7N2G-ILSRI, you can get a NF7-S though. I don't know the prices in the UK but here on the other side of the pond, they're about the same price.

-Bobby

Back