• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A quick question regarding cooling my SATA Hard drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gomcse2003

Hi folks

I am currently using the Lian-Li PC60 Case and count the Western Digital Serial ATA 120Gb 8MB cache Hard drive using the

FYI, the case already came equipped with front and rear fans. The bottom intake fans are 80mm 12 volt 50CFM ADDA Case fans .
Now my WD SATA hard drive mount vertically, which seemed odd to me, but did not pose any problems. I arranged the drive to get as much airflow over them as well as past them. Placing the drive cage in front of the intake fans helps to keep this high RPM drive cool. But personally I think even if I set those 2 intake fans to high speed somehow but I think the cooling is not good enough, so I would like to get some professional feedback from you guys.

Can you kindly recommend me the exact brand name and model of the fan based on my current hard drive install configuration, so I can order accordingly?

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

I would say that the current cooling is good, but wait until some other replies are posted before making a decision because I am not positive on the matter.

It sounds like the cooling is fine. The drive is rated to operate up to 55°C, which is pretty damn hot.

-Bobby

Welcome to the Forums! ^_^

Even if you went with one of the popular HDD air cooling solutions (ex: 5.25 bay with 3 mini-fans) you would probably see *no* difference. Your HDD runs hot. Beyond water cooling or very good case airflow (which you apparently have) there isn't much you can do. Stick with keeping your case as cool as possible and you'll be fine.

Back