• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+ Revision 2.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well, the 2.1 has been spotted in Japan!
"just bought a Rev 2.1 yesterday, the volts seems to be fine with 12V at 12.40 , 5V at 4.98 and 3.3 at 3.34.

this is my first Epox board, when i bought it i found that it is a Rev 2.1 which isn't what i was looking for (Rev 2.0) . But i thought later rev should be better so i just bought it.

and i was able to OC my 2500+ to 3200+ without upping the Vcore, still at the default 1.6Vs...!!! an amazing chip"

COOL!
I clicked on your link and read the thread, and some of the linked threads, and there is a lot of information there! But that tech seemed upset to answer about the capaciters. Seems like he is hiding something? (maybe a drinking problem too lol).

{GodlightSoul} said:
COOL!
I clicked on your link and read the thread, and some of the linked threads, and there is a lot of information there! But that tech seemed upset to answer about the capaciters. Seems like he is hiding something? (maybe a drinking problem too lol).

It's spelt capacitors, and I'm sure he doesn't have a drinking problem, nor would he be pleased to read you imply such.

I thought it was kinda funny. :p

and speaking of pleased, I was not very pleased with EpoX Tech's blatant disrespect to me in that thread at AOA. I would hope for more refined behavior from an employee who, to the public, is a representation of the EpoX company, of which I am a potential customer. I had broken no rules, was polite, and did not deserve to be treated in the manner that he had exhibited.

there are pic's of the rev 2.1 available here

thanks to user Zhang @ amdmb for the link

I can't wait. finally an 8rda+ supports official 400 MHz FSB bartons and that has adj. VDD through bios, no mod necessary!!! Now if it is as inexpensive as the current 8rda+'s...

Last edited:
Epox 8RDA+ rev2.1 has been available in Hong Kong for quite some time already, just got one for a friend, I wonder what's the improvement of the 2.1 over 2.0?

Anyway, the board was being sold at the same price as the 8RDA+ 1.x before.

I wouldn't listen to anything EPoX techs say.. Most seem to know less than the average EPoX overclocker, and they tend to be so completely wrong at times it's not even funny.

q149 said:
I wouldn't listen to anything EPoX techs say.. Most seem to know less than the average EPoX overclocker, and they tend to be so completely wrong at times it's not even funny.

So true...and they killed the thread...

"No thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster"

glock19owner said:

So true...and they killed the thread...

"No thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster"
And so they did! Too many people using bandwith and seeing Epox Tech's bad attitude. I was participating in over 10 forums on the rev 2.1, and they all had links to that thread. The thread had a few thousand views on Friday.

Back