• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I remove the 2 foam pads from my heatsink?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zel1

Registered
I have the glacialtech silent breeze 462. It has 2 smaall foam pads on it. Should I remove them and mount them directly to the heatsink? VCan I damage my processor this way. I have as3?

Well there are already foam pads on the CPU so it would maybe make sense to remove them so you get a better contact because the extra pads will cause that you need more pressure on the HS to keep it on the core. But if the HS works OK with the extra pads I would rather not touch them, couse if you mess up something, there would be no turn back at all.

What is the weight of the hsf? They might have put in the pads, like slk-800 which doesnt make contact with the cpu pads, and it's also heavy.

Sorry about the grammar. Its only 280 grams. Right now I have my 2500 oc'd to a 3200. I have the fsb at 190. Its running at a steady temp between 38and42 degrees celsius. I have 2-512 meg Kingston 2700 value ram at 7-3-3-3. It seems to be running stable.

If it's working fine, like now, there is no reason to touch it unless the temps go higher.

Back