• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cheaper cooling solution than this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TomaHawk47x

a 92mm vantec tornado, slk900u, and a nexus fan controller would cost me about $95. is there any combo that works as well, or nearly as well, but for much cheaper (on newegg)? i was thinking the thermaltake volcano 11+ xaser edition, which comes w/a controller and would only cost $36, saving me almost $60...or is the previous set-up i mentioned worth it?

I'm assuming you are wanting to stick with air cooling, no? There are several air cooling solutions that will give you just as good, if not better performance as the setup you are proposing. How is your case airflow? If you spent less money on the fan/hs combo, and had more to spend on improving case airflow, you would probably get better results.

i may consider water cooling tho, but i need a good, reliable website that sells all the parts i would need. what do u recommend?

Xoxide is my favorite...
case-mods is good...
Dtek is popular...
Go to the vendor discussion section for more concise reviews. I'd still push Xoxide as the best out there.

I went w/ a slk-800 w/ a 92mm panflow L1a. This panflow is very quiet and cools efficiently. All you have to do is bend the clips just a little to seat it on the slk-800. Total should be around 45 + shipping. I got mine from 2cooltek.

How good will this perform compared to watercooling?
-Antec Sonata
-SLK 900u
-Arctic Silver 3
-92mm Vantec Tornado
-2 120mm Vantec Sleaths
-3.5in Vantec Nexus fan controller

I'd do home made watercooling if I trusted myself with the stuff. I mean, if I mess up once the computer is dead. I'm sticking with a slk800-u and smartfan II for now :)

Back