• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7 Master (MS-6341) TBred Support?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ymboc

Summary: Has anyone tried a tbred cpu in this motherboard? Did it work?

I posted the same question over at amdmb's msi forum but simular requests by other users there went unanswered - so I'm hoping someone here with the same aging board can help.

MSI lists the tbreds as being incompatible, but I'm not convinced that its actually true. So I'm looking for people who have actually tried.

I'm hoping that the system would boot with a tbred with at most a "unrecognized cpu" error (but work and be completely useable in all other respects)

The reason... my room got too hot this summer and my palomino 2000+ partially fried - Now that my room is AC'd (a little too late)It boots fine as it allways did but fails prime95 with a rounding error on like the 5th iteration.

palomino's are just about impossible to get now a days - low-end tbreds however are a dime a dozen (almost).

Please Help if you can.

Back