• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 Motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

epauls

Building a P4 system for a friend and wanted to know a good motherboard for a P4 2.6. I would like it to have DDR support, 6 channel audio, NIC and support SATA.

I'm looking for a board that will allow descent overclocking.

The latest P4 boards of choice are the Asus P4P800 and P4C800, Abit IS7 and IC7. You can't go wrong with any of these.

-Bobby

Not really. I know that the company is fairly new but the execs that are running it have come from some of the top companies in the biz. I'm sure you can do a search for some reviews on that board.

One of the good things about getting a popular board (ie Asus or Abit) is that there's a ton of other people out there that can help you with the specific board and more easily identify certain board specific problems. Plus, new bios are posted almost weekly for these boards on the known issues so if there is a problem, it will usually be addressed within a few weeks.

-Bobby

Back