• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can u guys help me choose water cooling parts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TomaHawk47x

for my upcoming pc, i previously planned on getting an slk900u, artic silver 3, 92mm vantec tornado, and the nexus fan controller. this would cost me around $95. i will get water cooling if its worth it. ive been looking around cooltechnica (which has every product labled "out of stock") and xoxide.com. all the parts i get must come from one reliable site. i want to keep the water cooling setup under $200, preferably closer to $150. what site do u recommend, and which brand do u recommend for each part? if u can, id like to see a specific water cooling set-up that would fit my needs (a list of all the parts needed and what kind). if possible for the budget, id like to include a gpu water block. thanks.

Last edited:
do you have any desire to do any of it DIY? if so answer and I will reply with more info, if not, i will reply with more info towards a non DIY setup.

yes, thats what i meant. i dont want a pre-built kit. id rather do it myself, but i know very little as far as quality parts go, and what is required.

Heatercore $23

thats where you can save the most $$$ You can even get a HC for 17 bucks (b4 tax)

Forget the nexus, save the cash for good tubing such as clearflex.
Don't for get pipe clamps, t-line, cap, and WW.

Ct. Strangelove said:
Heatercore $23

thats where you can save the most $$$ You can even get a HC for 17 bucks (b4 tax)

Forget the nexus, save the cash for good tubing such as clearflex.
Don't for get pipe clamps, t-line, cap, and WW.

I hope you mean Water Wetter and not White Water :p

i believe that is what he was saying =).

anyawy, yes a good heatercore to look for:
'87 Chevette
Block: do you know anyone that can help you make one yourself...these are always so expensive althought crucial so a good one is essential. Personally i have the koolance cpu 200 gold and it works great. But many will argue that you are crazy to go with anything other than perhaps the White Water, Maze, or Swiftech blocks.
Pump: eheim 1250 work wonders...personally though i use a 285 GPH at 4.5' head generic fish tank pump that is suppose to pump water under the rocks for more cleaning at the bottom etc and it works wonders for me personally.
fans: you will want some 120mm fans that run quietly but effeciently =) (around 80cfm).
tubing: clearflex seems to be a big favorite, but i use "crappy" vinyl...and i've never had it kink and i dont think it is too easy to kink once water is flowing through it. plus it got it for 17 - 22 center per foot at a local true value hardware store. I also got clamps...lots of them, the kind that screw. Just make sure you use the wrapping stuff on your barbs and make sure if you use plastic barbs that you don't tighten your clamps to much or it will start to squeeze them causing leaks!.

GPU/notebook block: man this one is really hard also. You are going to have to shop around perhaps...they are around 35 bucks :\.

You will also have to look into how you are going to be modding your case for this as well. What exactly will you have to do to make the watercooling rig be right for you. Anyways I hope I helped a bit perhaps =)?

The Eheim seems a bit costly for what it offers. Cosider the Danner Mag Drive 3. It performs at least as well for a fraction of the price. For a waterblock, a White Water may be able to fit within your budget. If not, consider the DTek TC-4 or Dangerden Maze4. Both are about as good as one another.

Get clearflex from mcmaster. I got about 7 ft for the price of 10ft of 1/8th wall vinyl which most likely will not kink but may harden like some vinyl tubes do over time.

Back