• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fitting 92mm Tornado on SLK-900?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mej468

I can't figure out how to get this huge fan to fit on the heatsink. I'm using the largest clips, but I can't find a way to get them to fit. Pics would be great but simple instructions are good too.

Well I don't have a slk-900 but I just installed my slk-800 not too long ago. I had no trouble really, just put the metal clips in the right holes on the side, push them all the way in and then put the elbow things in the fan holes. Here's the link for instructions if that helps in any way.

You have to install the clips in the set of holes at the very top of the heatsink. They still require some effort but they need to hold the fan securely

Remove the metal grill on the fan and place the ends of the clips in the top holes on the SLK-900.

I had the same problem, but I removed the grill and everything snapped right in place.

Koala said:
Remove the metal grill on the fan and place the ends of the clips in the top holes on the SLK-900.

I had the same problem, but I removed the grill and everything snapped right in place.
That's exactly what I did. I hate the way they say, "now works with the 92mm Tornado" and it's still a turd to get installed. I don't know about you guys but my little metal clips are bent all to heck!

lol, took me 3 times to figure out that i had to remove the metal grill too, now you just gotta be sure that your computer is off when working inside it otherwise you'll lose a finger or 3 :)

Rutkus said:
lol, took me 3 times to figure out that i had to remove the metal grill too, now you just gotta be sure that your computer is off when working inside it otherwise you'll lose a finger or 3 :)
Oooo. I got a big freaking hunk taken outta my thumb (the size of a Dime) by one of those 80mm Tornado's yesterday!!! I was experimenting with a dual Powersupply rig and hooked it up to test the PSU and thumb slipped in and it tore it up bad!!!! OH GOD it hurts!!!!!

ouch....i've only felt the wrath of a smartfan II, i have both a 80mm and a 92mm tornado so its probably just a matter of time....

Back