• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Different temp sensors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bigdogbmx

I have an asus A7V133-C rev. 1.05. <----dot, wih an athlon 1800 palamino. I had Asus probe and MBM reading the CPU temp before and I was geting the same high temps in both (around 52°C idle and 60°max load). I tried speedfan today and if I understand the reading right I am now at 48°C. The thing I dont get is the way it lists the temps. There are a few readouts that are ridiculously high and have a flame symbol next to them. One says 76°C and two others say 144°C! I assume they are the max temps allowed because if they were actual redings I think my comp would be on fire. so is it the one that has a tick nex to i that is my CPU temp? Because that is a 48°C so it would be more likely than the flaming 76C one.
Sorry this is so long winded but I need help working out which Temp I should be looking at. Thanks to anyone who can help.

I'm not sure. I have a A7N8X-DLX from asus, and i tried out Speedfan and also saw that all the temps are different from what Probe and MBM read. I'd just stick w/ MBM.

Someone on here said tha speedfan read the temps direct from the bios hough, and that is about the same temp I get when I check bios reading. i would have thought that would be more accurate. Or more honesrly I hope thats more accurate so I dont need another new heatsink.

Back