• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X-Deluxe ,Rev-1.04 or Rev-2.0 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Registered
I had ordered A7N8X- Deluxe(Rev2.0) but I have been delevered Rev.1.04.

My question is

1) Is the revesion -2.0 any better except support for 400 MHz FSB?
2)Is it worthwhile to go to the headache of getting my board replaced (from a very unwilling dealer) or will it be OK to just update the bios?

Any comments are welcome.Thanks in advance.

As far as I know the only diffrence between the two baords is that rev.2 supports 400fsb chips. I myself would return it as it would mean being able to use the latest bartons.

HTH

Rich

Updating a 1.x revision A7N8X board to the 1004 bios will give you support for 400 FSB processors. It will also help you overlcock 333 FSB processors to 400 FSB with greater success.
There are many forum members with 1.x revision boards running high FSBs. I say go with it and see how it performs. There are many tricks to getting higher FSB with this board if you are interested in overclocking.

I would return the board and get the rev 2. The rev 1 boards are great except a vast number of them suffer from the bios save death. The problem does not happen nearly as often in the ver 2 boards.

Did ASUS modify some circuits (path optimization) on the rev2.0 model?

Back