• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7 100MHZ Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Punisher69

I am stuck at 100mhz x multi

no matter what fsb is set to? currently have it set to 200

memory posts as
Dual Channel Enabled
200 Mhz

i have to run my multi at 18x just to get stock speed 1800mhz on my 2200+

the 19x multi will not work.... this is very dissapointing.
what could cause this.

nope.... whatever i set the fsb to from 100 to 250 i save cmos but when i post it still is a fsb of 100. when i get back into cmos it shows my fsb setting of whatever i set say 166 but the fsb is still set at 100 no matter how many times i save or what i set the fsb to

What revision is your Mother Board? 1.0? 1.2? 2.0? Just a thought here.... the reason I ask is, I'm just making sure you didn't accidentally flash the wrong BIOS to the wrong MB Rev ;)

I'm sure you checked it allready, but like I said, It's just a thought. :D

Good Luck!

DpGravy

Why post 2 threads on the same subject? :D

Anyway, I had problems when I changed the multiplier and did not enable "CPU interface." You might check that.

Checked that too. I Just got off the phone with a abit Tech, and he ran me through everything. and I said look, I've done all that. I've tried every bios setting is combination with 2 cpu's and 5 different sticks of ram. it Post's with 100fsb no matter what.

Motherboard:

Abit NF7 rev 1.1

My Cpus:

Athlon XP 2200+ TB A
Barton 2500+

Ram:

1 pc2100 shika ram
2 pc2700 tmtc (Tried each of them seperatly)
2 pc3500 OCZ EL DDR (tried each of them seperatly)

Tried flashing with every bios from first to latest.

PSU's:
Topower 370 Watt PSU
Channelwell 550 Watt PSU

* I Also scanned over the motherboard to see if any component's looked to be damaged, but i could'nt find any by visual inspection.

* First board died from bios corruption.

* This is the second board, now i think im going to have to rma again for a third :mad:

Damn. Sorry to hear about the bad luck. The good news is that Abit's RMA service is very good. That's one of the reasons I buy Abit; even if it goes bad, it'll get replaced. Sucks to have to deal with it, though.

Good Luck.

Great News ,I fixed the problem. It's a, (more sitting around and waiting) for a third motherboard rma to get back kinda solution. :rolleyes:

I ve exactly the same problem for 1week
I tried to do everything
Nobody can find the solution

Have you got it PLEASEEEee

I tried all ... I m very desesperate

Sounds kinda like a dead CMOS battery is causing it to repost in its safe mode. Have you tried replacing the battery?

Wierd . . .

Got a NF7 refurb from newegg for $43.00 and not one problem since first boot. Don't know what version, all I have to go on is aida32 showing NForce chip December 2003. Flashed the BIOS using their utility and piece of cake, 2500 OC'd 2.15GHz no problem.

My "old" 2500 unlocked but haven't played with multiplier, left it at 11.

It sounds to me liek the MB boots, then crashes, and reboots in safe mode every single time. Are you sure your putting on the heatsink the right way? and did you full push in the Ram?

Back