• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

barton 2500 newbie needs help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkcreature

At the ideas of some friends i am getting a new Epox 8rda+ and Barton 2500 as well as some PC3200 RAM. This is a slower clock speed than i wanted be he assured me it could be overlocked. I dont know how to do this. Are there some nice links that can help me get started??

Thanks
DC

Hi, and welcome to the forums!

Well, you could start off by reading the stickies. There's a wealth of information here in the forums.

I'd recommend moving this to general hardware or AMD CPU's for a better response, as it really isn't a cooling-related question.

Good luck! -- Paul

If your asking that question then you would definitely want to do some research. To save you sometime. Yes that combination will overclock. You would definitely have goals for it and although some goals may be unreachable. A 2500 Barton would make a very strong base for a fast syste. Its a good choice for a CPU and the mobo is a good choice as well, although NF7s might be better

Yes i would go for an Abit NF7-S too. Many are having problem getting high bus speeds on RDA+ mainboards without Vmod.
The 2500+ offers the best price/performance ratio, compared to the other AMD CPU's.

Thats not entirely true and you would get booed for saying that. If you wanna correct your statement its the 2500+ offers "one of the best" price to performance ratio.

trdsw20 said:
Thats not entirely true and you would get booed for saying that. If you wanna correct your statement its the 2500+ offers "one of the best" price to performance ratio.

Oops, yeah, i forgot all about the XP1700 T-Bred B, which would be better!

Thanx for correcting me

Back