• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fsb locked at 100mhz GRRRRR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What do you mean "locked?" Mine reverts to 100MHz when the OC is too much and it fails. When I set it back to a more capable speed, it works fine...

MY System clock is locked at 100 mhz ? what would cause that... i know its not the cpu cause i just bought at barton 2500+ and it's still locked at 100mhz

are you sure it's locked? check to see if the CPU speed thing on top says xp2500 or if your in limp mode. you're prolly in limp mode in which case you need to set the CPU speed to manual and than try to fix the clocks.

Tried both of those... with no luck ... it posts as 100 fsb no matter what i change fsb to.

for example i set fsb to 166 and the multiplier to 10x

which should be 166x10

but when it posts it is 100x10, but in bios it still saves my selection of 166 for a fsb. whatever i change the fsb has no effect on the speed. it stays at 100 no matter what

i have bios 20
i tried reflashing with bios 19

then went back to bios 20

As posted in your other thread on the same subject, make sure your bios matches your MB version. If you have version 2.0 then 1.7 is the latest and 2.0 and 1.9 are for version1.x.

Back