• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DTek heat core question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i think to mount two you need to buy a longer bolt to connect both shrouds to one bolt or have the shrouds slightly shifted from eachother, as the screws will not be able to be in the same place from either side... of course i could be very wrong as i do not own one of thier shrouds and have no idea what i really am talking about

WejRepus said:
i think to mount two you need to buy a longer bolt to connect both shrouds to one bolt or have the shrouds slightly shifted from eachother, as the screws will not be able to be in the same place from either side... of course i could be very wrong as i do not own one of thier shrouds and have no idea what i really am talking about
LOL! Yes no problem it works great with the supplied threaded rods that D-Tek supplies. Have a look and see:

radclose.jpg

lol, thank you.

nikhsub1-
What kind of case do you have that in? And are those 120x25mm, or x38mm fans?

Yeah.. I plan on having them on a fan controller...
so maybe some 120mm Panaflo H1As 104cfm/42dba

then I can adjust as I want.

Just tryin to figure out how to get it in my case. (the popular Chenming/Chieftec/Antec style)

Removing the lower drive cage/tray seems to be the way everyone does it, but I also have 3 hard drives. I guess I could ditch the floppy drive :D

Last edited:
what i do with my floppy is i have it set up but inside the case so if i really need it i take my side panel off and use it for whatever. that is so rare i barely need it, and will eventually just get rid of it. but right now it just sits at the bottom of my case crammed in the corner

Where do most people fit a pump in this kind of setup?

Im probably gonna get a Hydor L30.

while nik was able to use the threaded bolts from dtek with panaflow fans i was not. it depends on how you are gonna mount it really .
my system required me to get much longer bolts because im using 2 aluminum evercool fansand mounting it all hanging from the top of the case
(lian li pc75b)

Yes I see.. the way the evercools are designed the bolts must go all the way through the fan, not just the first holes as in niks setup.

I was looking at hanging it from the top of my case, but I don't have enough room for CD-drives/BayRes. The Lili PC75 has huge amounts of space...I need one.

Daetalix said:
lol, thank you.

nikhsub1-
What kind of case do you have that in? And are those 120x25mm, or x38mm fans?
Right now it is in my Lite-On FS-020 seen here:

fullinside.jpg

Soon to be replaced with my new 'pimp machine' seen here with dual heater cores :attn:

cube.jpg

Ouuuu. What case is that nikhsub1? Lots of potential ;)

BTW, is that a cascade with 3 barbs?

oh yay let play the "guess nikhsub1's secret case" game, 1st one to get it gets... hmm... a slap from niksub1? :) :p ;)

arnoldma said:
oh yay let play the "guess nikhsub1's secret case" game, 1st one to get it gets... hmm... a slap from niksub1? :) :p ;)
No, just don't want to say anything til it's done, that's all. Don't mean to be a secretive chump.

Back