• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xp2000+ O/c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

merlinx29

Registered
i have an XP2000+ with an abit kx7 and the max it seems to overclock to is 1810Mhz at full load temp of 43C ... ive seen people with XP's OC to like 2.4 and even higher

even with the vcore set to the max my mobbo gives it wont boot into windows a any clock higher than that

my question is if it is worth doing the kx7 vcore mod or is this cpu just not very good at OC?

has anyone outther tried to OC an xo2000+ on a kx7? ..just wondering what kind of sppeds you get

You should've posted this in the AMD CPU's section. You most likely have a T-Bred A; in which case, that's about where its going to max it at.

Yes, palominos tend to be very bad at overclocking. The 2.4ghz+ results you've seen are with TBred Bs.

They get very hot, being 18 microns, how much have you pushed the voltage and what HSF?

i have it water cooled and its running at 1.8volts @ 45degC full load ... even when i raise the voltage to 1.85 which it the max for my mobbo it wont budge not even for an extra 1mhz at the FSB

am going to do the vcore mod for my mobbo to see if raising the voltage to like 2volts might give me some extra room for OC

also ... would increasing IO and DDR voltage give me more stability?

Sorry to say this...but it seems like you've just plain reached the wall for your system. I don't think that the extra voltage would help at all... pallies don't tend to like voltage. Increasing the DDR voltage may allow you to tighten your memory timings,but not much more than that. What memory do you have? You could consider modding the processor to allow for a different multiplier to increase your front side bus.

i have samsung PC2700 but i think you're right ...this is the limit of this cpu ... i already unlocked the multiplier and right now i have it OC through the multiplier because if I do it though the fsb my AGP and PCI clock goes too high or too low, it doesnt matter how I do it FSB or multiplier or both this is as far as this palimino is going :(

oh well ... screw it when Half Life 2 comes out ill just go for a 1700+ Tbirb B ...they OC much better

Edit*

My system :)

DSC01476_small.JPG

Yea, I have a 2400+, and running at 1.8 or even 1.85v, I cant go over 2.25 GHz. I would put it at 1.9v if my mobo supported it.

Back