• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best P4 Cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joshh100

Hey,
looking for a good hsf to cool my 2.4c o/c to 3.0. It's running at about 46° now, and I am using the stock intel cooler on it. I dont really want to have to use a screwdriver to intstall the thing because I am scared I will gouge my mobo or something. If there is a good cooler, simple to install, please let me know which one to use. Also, maybe I should lap this one first and see the temps before I buy a new one. Thanks.

I dont want to get something really loud though.. I have heard that the tornado is very loud.

Last time i checked regular clips dont fit p4. Get an SLK-900 or 800U or a Zalman 7000 if you don't like noise.

If you don't want a a lot of noise, I would go with the Zalman CNPS7000-Cu or a Vantec Aeroflow.

And q149 isright,you don't have to worry about using screw drivers for the clips.

Maxwell, the SLK-900U is the Bolt-through motherboard design, which he has expressed he does not feel comfortable doing.

Last time i checked regular clips dont fit p4

The 'clips' he's referring to is the stock P4 mounting mechanism (the spider looking black plastic thing).

I would go with the Zalman CNPS-7000CU. It mounts with the P4 retention mechanism, and the only problem I see is it is pretty heavy, so you must be pretty careful when transporting your computer if you have a tower case. It is quieter than a mousefart, and works great.

Last edited:
thanks a lot.. Im not planning on taking this case anywhere, it ways 500 lbs.. well maybe not that much but I got a thermaltake xaserIII and the thing is so heavy.. gotta love it! I need to post a pic of my new computer that everyone here helped me build :)

Back