• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap cooling needed! Links appreciated! :P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slayn

I am currently running an nforce2 with a 1700xp running at 11.5x166. When I play games, I get to almost 60c, and some of the games just freeze... I think I really need a new heatsink and fan. I am looking to cool this baby and not spend a whole lot of cash! Anyone have any recommendations for me in terms of heatsinks, fans, or a website to order one??? I need to play my games for more then 5 mins before my comp gets too hot and crashes. :p

edit: Oh yeah, cheap as in $40 or less hsf, please!

SLK800 is $40 just for the heatsink itself... and the SLK-7 seems to be out of stock everywhere I look.

and who makes that smartfan???

www.directron.com
SK-7 and Vantec TORNADO 80mm fan.
maybe this helps.
Thermalright makes the sk-7 and Thermaltake makes the smartfan which i would only get if you want to adjust the speed and nosie.

Be careful about buying those Tornado fans, they are LOUD. If you don't mind your computer sounding like a small vacuum cleaner, then go ahead and get a Tornado. But if not, I would reccomend getting an 80mm, 50 CFM or less fan.

EDIT: I found an SK-7 link over in the Cyber Deals forum:
http://www.case-mod.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=21_22&products_id=350

Only $14.99, but I'm not sure what shipping is.

Back