• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

major problems, 875P neo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shiltz

my temps were running really high and saw there was a bios fix for it, I was running 1.2, flashed the bios to 1.6 last night and everything worked fine, today it started crashing in games, when I rebooted the screen went blank and I have to clear the CMOS before I could get anything on the screen, it would boot up once and when I rebooted same thing again, I used the bios recovery and it's still doing the same thing, anyone have any idea's what the problem could be and how to fix it?

Can't help, but I'm in the same boat

Temps are all over the place 45c in bios

67c in fuzzy logic! and -28c in mbm5!!!!

I was about to go out and find a floppy drive to upgrade the bios, now i'm not so sure..

maybe a flash to v1.4 as that fixes the heat sensor?

either that or I'll just wait to see if anyone comes up with some answers.....

-------------------------------------------------

P4 3GHZ Msi 875p Neo
1GB DDR400 2X120 S-ATA Barracuda Antec Blue 480w
Radeon 9700pro Beantech clear case

If anyone's interested, I've upgraded to 1.6 and mine seems fine now,

wish they'd sort out the NB temps, might change the stupid multi coloured fan on it....

-------------------------------------------------

P4 3GHZ Msi 875p Neo

Why were your temps high? What is a high temp? Maybe you didn't need to flash it! You created the problem and expected the bios to deal with it... now you made a mess of things :)
Just buggin ya...
If you O/C'd the crap out of it... of course it will be hot... The fix was for *Stock borads with high temps...........

???????

Uh... like I said the temps were to high, i.e 60'c idle, at stock voltage/speed. The bios update took them down over 25'c

I use a zalman 7000cu and AS3, at the moment no O/C.

I figure NB temps of 62'c are also somewhat rubbish, but from what I've read on MSI forums the NB cooler is actually more of a heater, so I'll buy a 40mm and replace it.

P4 3GHZ Msi 875p Neo

Back