• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which motherboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
abit NF7-s revision 2 is the best overclocker right now. followed by the epox 8rda. if you want a serious overclock these are the boards you should be looking to buy.

there's other good nforce2 boards but they're good for different reasons. e.g the A7N8X is good but most people like it for all the integrated stuff. the latest revision of that board is overclocking well if you want to look at that.

there is actualy one other board that people dont think about but it doesnt have mounting holes at the cpu which Incredably limit the cooling options for anyone that really wants to OC

ga7 nnxpv r something like that ( cant seem to remember atm)

I agree with the Abit rev2. Works great for me! :D

DJ Smak, I know the Abit has RAID....not sure about the others (I don't think the Epox has it).

first,
welcometotheforums.JPG

second, i would highly recomend any abit boards, i have the Kd7 (Via kt400 :( ) and i think it is a great board for the money. the only problem is that chipset isnt as good as the nforce.

The NF7 v2.0 i think is the best board out there and it has onboard RAID.

you can also get the Nf7 - S v 2.0 because that one has really nice onboard sound, if you ALREADY have an audugy or something i wouldnt bother, if you have a crappy soundcard and want a nice one in the futer, id recomend the extra 20 bucks and getting the onbaord sound though.

its simple, nice onboard sond, extra $20

equivelent fancy soundcard, $150

good luck!!! :)

Back