• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone have experience with the fanless zalman big vid card sink?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spanko

K i just got the pc toys version, but its exactly the same but purple not yellow. Anywho everything seems ok, but im a tad bit worried... should it get hot? how hot? should the heatpipe get hot? The pos was a pain in the butt to setup but well worth it, that noisy *** tt gf4 cooler was really annoying. BTW im using it on a GF4ti4600... any helpful hints or anything would be appreciated!

without a fan blowing on the heatsink it will run hotter then with most stock heatsinks (my 9700np ran about 15 degrees higher). i mounted a 80mm fan blowing on the heatsink and now it's running much cooler then with the stock heatsink.

edit: the heatpipe should be as hot as the bottom heatsink.

I love the Zalman I have. I was able to get 12mhz more out of my Albatron TI4800SE. I have topped out at 328/698 without locking up or getting any artifacts. No volt mods to it.

I am quite pleased with my purchase.

Well that probably explains why I can't really overclock that much with this Zalman heatpipe on my Radeon 9500. I don't want to use a fan though since I'm trying to cut down on noise as much as possible. The back part odesn't touch my card... I don't think it has to.

A simple solution I see to this problem would be to install a 120mm fan on the case side panel, wire a rheostat into it to cut down on the noise, and get the additional cooling power of the Zalman to show its face. Just position the fan so that it's blowing on the heatpipe. That's what I'm going to do with mine.
-r

Randall said:
A simple solution I see to this problem would be to install a 120mm fan on the case side panel, wire a rheostat into it to cut down on the noise, and get the additional cooling power of the Zalman to show its face. Just position the fan so that it's blowing on the heatpipe. That's what I'm going to do with mine.
-r

i already made a dummy PCI card and mounted a 80mm fan blowing on the GPU side of the heatsink, once i figure out how i want to setup the brackets i'm going to add another 80mm fan blowing on the top of the heatsink. it works pretty good with just the one fan but i want more :D

i thought about putting a side blow hole but i didn't want to cut my window.

Back