• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mission Complete

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diggingforgold

PLANNING
plan3lowerfront.jpg

TESTING
watertests005.jpg

MODDING AND INSTALATION
wcprogress2.JPG

FINISHED
waterrig001.jpg

FOLDING TEMPS @ 100% LOAD
cpuload.GIF

That was pure hell. But now that I can sit back and know I did it, it just feels a whole lot better. About 13C cooler, and a heckuva lot quieter.

Thanks oc-forums for all the help and motiviation!

Last edited:
Yeah I'm waiting for another cold cathode to get back from RMA, so I didn't want to tie everything up until I have that one installed where I want it.

I also have some toilet paper around the outlet barb on my pump. The barb has a crack in it, and when I was installing stuff, water was leaking... but when it's steady and not getting moved around, it's as dry as a desert bone.

Also, I'm using my folding rig mobo until I can get my KT333 dragon repaired... so it's not really really complete, but for now it is ;).

:drool: I wish my system looked like that. Very nice. If you think your wiring looks bad, you haven't seen anything.

gbcue said:
What type of Heatercore is that?

That is an 87 Chevette. I went to the hardware store and bought a can of primer and a can of black paint, and I spreyed the heck out of it. Looks alright now...

thorilan said:
nice work

from start of planning to finnish ho long did it take you?

From start to finish. Well... according to my FTP logs, I uploaded my first watercooling plans to my server on 6-21-2003 to show off to the forums.

I ended just tonight and booted to windows, and today is 7-16-2003

So that's about 25 days.

Now had my motherboard not blew a capacitor, I would have probably been done about a week ago... but that set me back (troubleshooting and all).

As far as the wires being bad... check out this: This is an actual shot of my computer on air cooling a few months ago. My temps were about 48C. When I cleaned up the wires, temps dropped to about 42C.

casewires001.jpg

eektotalomg.GIF

Then I kind of fixed them up, and this is what it looked like:

mycomputerside.JPG

This pic was way back when I was still using a TNT2. :eek:

Last edited:
Naw... 29C under full load is worth the looks. I did one coat of primer, and two coats of black. I taped off the inner cooling element thingies so that it wouldn't affect cooling that much. As long as the paint doesn't get in there, there shouldn't be that big of a change in performance. I only spreyed what's visible when fully assembled with shroud and fan. :D

HAHA!

Well, my KT333 blew a capacitor... so until I get that fixed, I've got a +0MHz OC.

I'm running an A7N266-VM. This is the matx version of the A7N266 (a fairly nice oc-ing board). Unfortunately, unless I do some soldering mods to this one, I cannot overclock it at all.

Since this is my last mobo, I don't want to risk anything yet. But I know I could do some wicked overclocking once I get my KT333 dragon repaired...

diggingforgold said:
I also have some toilet paper around the outlet barb on my pump. The barb has a crack in it, and when I was installing stuff, water was leaking... but when it's steady and not getting moved around, it's as dry as a desert bone.

wow same EXACT thing here when i first put together my rig. mine had a crack too and was perfectly dry, but 3 months later it started squirting a little water every time i turned on or off the system. you should get it fixed eventually.

great rig. nice results!

Nico3k said:

wow same EXACT thing here when i first put together my rig. mine had a crack too and was perfectly dry, but 3 months later it started squirting a little water every time i turned on or off the system. you should get it fixed eventually.

great rig. nice results!

Sounds like some silicone is in order, heh.

Back