• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7 FSB/RAM ratios...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Banyan

Could anyone be kind enough to tell me the difference between running a 3:3 ratio and, say, a 6:6? This has been bugging me now for the past few days.

Thanx in advance.

Bobby said:
You're kidding, right?

-Bobby

laugh all you want, i'm not kidding. i know the dif *and/, i'm not asking that... 3:3 is the same as 5:5, just want to know if there is anything more to it is all.

edit* - let me rephrase it better: is ther any dif between 3:3 and 6:6 technically? same bus speed i know, wondering if anything else is to it.

I might've spoken too soon. Sorry :p

Is there a ratio in the NF7 bios with those settings?

-Bobby

yep... sorry, i should have been more specific.

reason why i am asking is i don't want to up my vdimm anymore, but want to squeeze a little more from my ram maybe, my chip has more headroom since i backed it down to run sync, and i'm wondering if running 3:3 is in any way different than running 5:5 etc.

i've already asked this and tried it. apparently it doesn't matter if your in 3/3 4/4 5/5 or 6/6 it's all considered 1:1 ratio. 3/3 is the same as 6/6. i don't know why they didn't just leave synchronous at 3/3 instead of giving you 4 options for the same thing.

emericanchaos said:
i've already asked this and tried it. apparently it doesn't matter if your in 3/3 4/4 5/5 or 6/6 it's all considered 1:1 ratio. 3/3 is the same as 6/6. i don't know why they didn't just leave synchronous at 3/3 instead of giving you 4 options for the same thing.

yeah, i couldn't figure out why they have the same thing there four times... so i thought i'd ask if there was more to it than i thought. thanks for the reply.

Back