• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Massive air bubble problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

batsstab

Well I just got my dtek water cooling setup with an the eheim 1048 pump , 1 dtek block , and dtek rad and with a T-line I can't get rid of the air bubbles at all. The T-line is at the highest point right before the intake of the pump and I'm not using much hose because it's such a small case. My radiator is really noisey and I can hear that is doen't seem filled up all the way ( makes a trickeling water noise) and when I tip the radiator to its side huge bubbles flow out of it but the problem is I have done that about 100 times and the same amount of bubbles come out each time. I have also tried pinching the hose coming out of the rad but that does nothing either. The whole set up just doen't sound right but I have checked for air leaks but the clamps are on as tight as they can go.

Make sure there is water in the t-line and that the t-line points up. Mine wasn't even on the top of my water setup, and it bleeded out most of the air in the matter of about 2-3 hours. It's still bleeding now. Give it a day or two and it should be completely air free. Just make sure you keep filling the t-line, cuz if air gets down to the t-fitting (when your t-line gets empty), it will just jet more air into your system.

diggingforgold said:
Just make sure you keep filling the t-line, cuz if air gets down to the t-fitting (when your t-line gets empty), it will just jet more air into your system.

thats what i am thinking his probelm is, from the sound of it you are trying to get the air out but not replacing it with water...

try flipping the rad up and down couple of times. that always gets the big bubbles out. with a t-line, you usually need to have the pump on for several hours before everything gets cleared. (at least that was the case for me.) I kept on playing around with the setup until the bubbles just disappeared. Dont forget to have the end of the T-line open.

After changing the water a few times, i decided that I wanted a reservoir. I just took a thick aluminum bottle, epoxied on 2 barbs (one on top, other on bottom) and bam. Takes about 5min. to get rid of all the bubbles.

No the T-line has about 8 inchs of water in it and it is at the highest point my system. When I filled the system (my T-line is just before the pump intake) I put water in the t-line untill it was full and then I turned on the pump adding water as the T-lines level of water dropped. The water in the T-line is dropping as the bubbles go up it but I have been tipping the system for the last 2-3 hours and the same amount of bubbles come out of the rad every time so I guess I just have a massive air pocket in it or something but it just sounds and looks like there is no improvement .

Last edited:
Back