• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7 Dual Channel Setup - What slots?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlush

Hey

Just a little quckie here,

I've got 2 x 256 pc 3200 here and I wanna configure it with dual channel. I can't seem to find in the manual which dimm slots I need to put them in to run DC.

Please let me know what slots I need to have my ram in to run the Dual Channel.

Thanks

the two closest together... but what i've been curious about is if there is anything in the BIOS to turn on to make it dual channel.. or if it does it on its own.. wasn't sure about that one

k cool,

yeah i dunno, I looked at all the settings and there isnt anything that says "duan channel--------------enabled/disabled"

so I dunno,

but thanks anyway

Slots 3 and 2 or 3 and 1 will give you dc, but from what I've read 2 and 3 gives the highest memory scores. Right after your board boots up it will say dual channel if you've got the ram in the right slots. I just got mine running today and I love it.

Yeah, I had a pcmark2002 memory score of 5596 with "single channel" and then I fixed my dual channel (put the sticks in the right spot) and with dual channel enabled, I got a pcmark2002 score of 5843.

So, it really does make a difference when you have the dual channel enabled!

(my mobo is nf7 and my ram is crucial pc3200 2 x 256mb)

hey jlush is your crucial cas3?

i got 2x 512mb of cas3 pc3200 crucial just waiting for me to pop in =)
if only my shipment would come in with the case and everything
=(

Back