• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7n8x Deluxe Sound Prob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JAW1973

I have a problem with the asus motherboard's on board sound.

everything is usually fine but after playing a game for a while the sound starts degrading and getting a little garbled ..anyone have an idea what is the prob.. i got garbled sound on my old pii 233 when i ran programs that took up a lot of cpu power.. but i shouldn;t have that prob.. since i have an amd 3000+ and 1gb of corsair xms 3500 memory..
any help is apprecitated

I had that problem too but it seems that it only happened when playing CS. All other games seemed fine. Others have had the same problem and cooling the southbridge has seemed to help.

I would try adjusting the settings accordingly in the game options..if that didn't work than I would reinstall sound drivers. One of those should work.

i had the same problem when i play cs. would be fine in the begining and then would get messed up. i just returned the mb and got another one. now i haven;t had that problem yet. maybe cuz i haven't played that much cs lately

I believe that's an IRQ conflict issue. Audio and mouse, Video and modem, for instance....).

i read comments about this issue. People said if you cooled your southbridge it would help and i think there is a program to correct this. Correct me if im wrong. I ordered a a7n8x deluxe rev 2 and i hope theres no problem with it.

Nismo said:
i read comments about this issue. People said if you cooled your southbridge it would help and i think there is a program to correct this. Correct me if im wrong. I ordered a a7n8x deluxe rev 2 and i hope theres no problem with it.

this is a common issue on ALL NF2 boards...and actively cooling the SB tends to solve the problem 99% of the times...

SkaGoatMaster said:
The next set of drivers from nVidia is supposed to solve the problem. but I run a FSB of 200 and have had no problems at all.... (I turned off ACPI)

Don't know how a new set of drivers is supposed to keep the SB from overheating...when it overheats that is the problem it causes...and when running past 180FSB...the SB can run just as hot as the NB (when playing games or music)...that is why people actively cool the SB to solve the sound issue...

Concider yourself lucky...most people have a problem with the SB overheating...even when running default...after playing heavy graphic/sound games...

Back