• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P4C800 Deluxe Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dukeofurl4ever

Registered
Is there any reason why I shouldn't buy a P4C800 DX? is there any better motherboard. I am open for suggestions.

:cool:

Ok, while I have your attn, what's the deal with the prescott processors? I've been reading article after article. When will they be out? Will they work with the Asus mobos?

Prescott is due out later this year last I heard - perhaps in time for xmas buying season. Nobody is 100% sure what boards will support it yet. Don't buy anything right now assuming that it will work.

Well, the prescott processor is going to be around $700ish. I think the first to come out will be 3.4GHz sometime in November. When the 3.6GHz comes out the 3.4 will go down in price.

Or so I've read.

dukeofurl4ever said:
Is there any reason why I shouldn't buy a P4C800 DX? is there any better motherboard. I am open for suggestions.

I just got my P4C800-E. See sig for details on where I am at so far. It has been great so far. The only Overclocking issue I am having is major voltage fluctuations from idle to load. It drops over 1.5 Volts under load. I think that is going to be a factor if I try to OC it more. It seems there are other people using this board that have voltage problem fluctuations as well. Other than that the features and speed are great.

When I got my deluxe I wasn't aware of the Raid issue then. I am interested in Running raid buy maybe not now.

Weltall said:
When I got my deluxe I wasn't aware of the Raid issue then. I am interested in Running raid buy maybe not now.

What raid issue? I am running 2 max's 80GB stripped with no problems at all.

I guess that would be more specific but everyone here seems to know about the Asus stuff so i figured you 'd know about the vid cards as well. Thanks anyway

dukeofurl4ever said:
I guess that would be more specific but everyone here seems to know about the Asus stuff so i figured you 'd know about the vid cards as well. Thanks anyway

lol...

Back