• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water block installation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ge0rge

Registered
hehe... So, I finally did all the research and what not and order my kit, and what stops me from getting it all on??
Installation of my water block.

I have the TC-4 P4 Water block.

When I ordered it, it came with the following:

Mount w/ 4 screws, and 2 washers (1 black and 1 white) to go along with each screw.
Now, I see how to put that on...

However, it also came with 4 other mounting screws for the block itself.
Each screw, starting at the head has the following:
White Washer-- White Washer-- Nut-- White Washer-- Spring-- brass thumb nut?

I have no idea how to mount the block, please help!

The block didnt come with any instructions on mounting?

It should be like this: bolt through mobo with a plastic washer on the bottom, plastic washer on to of the mobo, and a nut to hold the bolts in place. then the block goes over the bolts, and a plastic washer should go next...to keep the screws from scratching the top of the block, springs next, and the the thumb nuts.

You will want to put the thumb nuts on until the spring begins to compress. Then turn the thumb nuts 1 full degree a piece in a diagonal pattern (top right, bottom left, top left, bottom right) to make sure even pressure is going on each side. I did each thumb nut 6 full rotations on my block...Hope I wasnt too confusing.

BEWARE- I DID MINE BACKWARDS!!

Here is how I did mine :p.

Grab a long screw.

Hold it upside down so that the head points toward the ground.

Put a spring on the screw.

Put a washer on the screw (on top of spring).

Now poke the screw/spring/washer into one of the waterblock mounting holes until the tip pokes out through the hole on the motherboard.

Slide another washer on, and then screw on the thumb nut.

So it should go with this on all 4 corners:

(Starting with the top)

Screw head, spring, washer, waterblock, motherboard holes, washer, thumbnut.

The washer under the spring prevents scratching, and the washer under the motherboard prevents shorting/scratching the motherboard.

DO NOT DO THIS ^

You will damage your motherboard, case, and possibly CPU. I did mine this way because I'm a total numbnut ;).

Back