• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My NB Fan is so freakin loud. How can I quite it????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

billstuck

Hey guys. Well I upgraded some stuff in my rig. I got adjustable RPM fans and a Zalman 7000 HSF.

Well I still heard this sound buzzing and realized it is that tiny *** NorthBridge Fan screaming away. I know cooling the NB is important especially because I am OC'ed [email protected]

What are my options here. I don't want to go with a passive heat sink cause I figure if Abit thinks we need a fan on the NB I should keep one there. Any quieter and great performing fans or something? This seems to be the last loud component in my system.

THanks!!!

I (like many others ) have replaced the stock Abit NB fan with a "Thermaltake TIGER 1" . IMAGE

The Tiger1 works well , is super easy to install and is quite !!!

You can get the Tiger1 at Newegg HERE for $5 +$5 ship=$10

*I highly recommend it *

stereo555

Anyone know if the Thermaltake Tiger 1 will fit on the IC7/IS7 northbridge along with a Zalman 7000 on the cpu? The original poster (and I and others) have Zalman 7000s with our Abit mobos. The measurements that I took would seem to indicate that it would not fit along with the Zalman. But if anyone knows for sure, PLEASE speak up.:D

Jimmy, do u have the pure copper zalman 7000? would the motherboard be ok with this HS coz that thing is heavy. Im planning to get one for my IC7.

Bleed: Yes, I have the Zalman7000cu (pure copper). Now, I got mine from Xoxide during their X-Hour special deal for $19. Otherwise, I'd recommend that if you're looking at normal prices, just get the Aluminum/Copper hybrid version (AlCu). lostcircuits.com has a review that shows that they only differ 1-2C, if at all, between the two in cooling. Also, the AlCu is within Intel's specs for HSF weight, while the Cu pure copper is not. This thing IS heavy!:eek: I plan on doing the backplate/bracket mod I found at ABXZone on the mobo to give me some piece of mind for the years to come (no worries about the weight causing it to fall off, though no one has reported it falling off that I've seen). It's found at: http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49491

Not that I'm trying to hijack the thread, but, back to my previous question:

Does anyone know if the Thermaltake Tiger Northbridge HSF will fit with a Zalman 7000 on an IC-7? :-/

aight, thanks very much Jimmy. I was just thinking the same thing about getting th AlCu version, i can get it at Sharka Corporation for like... 25 bucks. if u have a site where i can get it for a bit cheaper, lemme know :D

Back