• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

120mm fans: AoC/Titan/Evercool vs. Evermax adjustable (does this run 30dB @ 90CFM)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gogetadbl

120mm fans: AoC/Titan/Evercool vs. Evermax adjustable (does this run 30dB @ 90CFM)

I really cannot decide b/t the two because of the mass variations of the specs. For example, on the Evermax:

http://www.enermax.com.tw/uc-8fab.htm
http://www.directron.com/uc12fab.html

Enermax's homepage says @ 30dB it runs at 90CFM, while directron says at the max of 45 dB it runs at 80 CFM.

Almost all of the AoC/Titan/Evercool says something around the lines of 30 dB @ ~80 CFM. Since i'm on an Antec 3700AMB, i can only use 25mm thick fans, none of those 38mm thick. Between the two, which would you guys go for?

I will tell you this. I too was looking for a high output low noise 120mm fan. The Enermax 12fab was suggested to me. I went with it and it is great. Not loud at all. I have it running at about 75% speed and it is totally silent. U cant even hear ir over me volcano7 & smart fan II running at 3000rpm.

Any 120mm fan is preferable to an 80mm, which the Smartfan II is. Larger is always better. People seem to indicate that the Enermax fans are overall quieter than Thermalright's, anyways, so you couldn't go wrong with them.

I just bought this for my new water cooling system. I just tested it out today, most amazing gigantic fan i've ever seen. I love it.

Hm, slk800-u goes up to 80mm fans. Any way to get around this and mount a 120mm?

Enermax, they're a good company and i'm sure they're fans are great. I've always went Delta with my fans, but if I had to choose between those two i'd go Enermax...

I want to know if there is a fan like the 120mm Enermax adjustable that is smaller and can be used on , say , a slk800?

gogetadbl said:
between the enermax and aluminum fan, which would you guys choose?

I have the Enermax and I like it. The adjustable feature is nice. I've never used the other one so I can't compare.

my 2cents

Um.. an 80mm fan on a slk-800 will perform better than a 92mm fan with same Db, and prolly therby better than a 120mm fan. Bigger is not always better. The 80mm fan pushes a good amout of air actually THROUGH the fins, where the bigger fans have less force (backpressure???), and more air just goes AROUND the outside ot the fins. I know that this subject has been debated here on this forum, so please do a search before you flame me

Nanidin said:
Would the evercool make a better cpu fan than a smartfan II?

Gautam said:
Any 120mm fan is preferable to an 80mm, which the Smartfan II is. Larger is always better. People seem to indicate that the Enermax fans are overall quieter than Thermalright's, anyways, so you couldn't go wrong with them.

Nanidin said:
Hm, slk800-u goes up to 80mm fans. Any way to get around this and mount a 120mm?

Last edited:
Thanks, someone in a different thread said that it had higher pressure and could push air through the fins too so I believe you. thanks for the link to the cheap fan

i have 2 evercool aluminum frame fans, come highly recommended here.. the dba is much more than 30 tho at 12volts, just cause of the massive air those things push..or maybe its cause im used to a computer that puts out no more than 25dba

Nanidin said:
Thanks, someone in a different thread said that it had higher pressure and could push air through the fins too so I believe you. thanks for the link to the cheap fan
Glad I could help.
BestByte (I think) has a unlimited shippin option for like $6 or something? They have nice prices and good reseller ratings. I think the SFII is recomended more often than most any other 80mm fan. There is a
"cool mod" version of the smart fan II that has eye candy appeal for if you have a case with a window (for a little more $ of course)

Back