• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DTEK whitewater specs...??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mmcshmi11

I was wondering if any of you guys who have gotten the white water from cooltechnica.com have tested it yet. I am supposed to get mine tomorrow... but we'll see if that happens :p I just want to know if it performs as well as cather's did and just how good they are. Post your temps and stuff if ya feel like it. Thankx

Well i hope it does because when its 106 here in california :eek: :eek: :eek: it gets hot in my room and i need some good waterculin!

mmcshmi11 said:
I was wondering if any of you guys who have gotten the white water from cooltechnica.com have tested it yet. I am supposed to get mine tomorrow... but we'll see if that happens :p I just want to know if it performs as well as cather's did and just how good they are. Post your temps and stuff if ya feel like it. Thankx
And we'll all be left wondering because there is no 'factual' way to confirm it. I can tell you this though, the specs of the D-Tek WW are IDENTICAL to that of Cathars, save the Top plate which makes no difference. I would bet the Lapping job was/is better on Cathars but D-Tek cant very well lap each one by hand.

Well that's good at least. Do you think that finishing off the bottom with something like a 1500 - 2000 grit would finish it good?

mmcshmi11 said:
Well that's good at least. Do you think that finishing off the bottom with something like a 1500 - 2000 grit would finish it good?
No. There is much debate on this but the SOLE purpose of lapping is to get the base FLAT, not shiney. I would lap with to 600 grit only.

Just got mine too!!!!!!! w00t! now gotta go put it on :D

Edit: My temps dropped 2C idle and 6C load. I changed from an Innovatek rev.3.0 w/b. Hope this is what yer lookin for. :)

Last edited:
Back