• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slk-900 compatibility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CVW

Registered
ok i have an abit kd7-raid mobo and i was wondering if i can get the slk 900 to go with it. i don't see the 4 holes around my socket but my old heatsink is kinda in the way. is there any other way to mount it without the holes? or will i have to go with say a sk-7 with the lug clips.

No, you cannot use the SLK-900 without having the 4 holes. Another option is to get a SLK-800 with the triple lugs, very good HSF closely matching the SLK-900.

the SLK-900a will probably fit on the kd7, Im not exactly sure if it will, I took a look of a pic of the mobo to see.

CVW said:
ok i have an abit kd7-raid mobo and i was wondering if i can get the slk 900 to go with it. i don't see the 4 holes around my socket but my old heatsink is kinda in the way. is there any other way to mount it without the holes? or will i have to go with say a sk-7 with the lug clips.

Your the first person I have heard that doesnt have the 4 holes around the ziff socket.

The SLK900U will not fit on the KD7 - RAID, I know I have both. The reason being the caps dont bend back far enough. The SLK900A will fit properly due to the fact that the HS is rotated 90° because of the 3X2 Prong Clip.

The better option is the SLK947U because the 4 bolt, I'm sure you have the holes, is a more stable mounting system IMNSHO.

READ THRU THIS about the SLK900 series & the KD7 - RAID.

Back