• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S 2.0...got a question.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bubba gump

Hey...well...ya I know that you are supposed to have the chips (tbred-b maybe some a's) auto-unlock in a NF2 platform so you have access to the multi..well..lol I cant seem too.

Does the NF7-S allow free change to the multi? I have a 2100+ JIUHB and can really only change the fsb...w/the nf7-s can I not change the multi and will I have to resort to hard coding it? Or is there a BIOS update that I need (I have the stock bios w/it..)?

Just wondering :)

Thanks
Fold and Frag on
Brian

bubba gump said:
Hey...well...ya I know that you are supposed to have the chips (tbred-b maybe some a's) auto-unlock in a NF2 platform so you have access to the multi..well..lol I cant seem too.

Does the NF7-S allow free change to the multi? I have a 2100+ JIUHB and can really only change the fsb...w/the nf7-s can I not change the multi and will I have to resort to hard coding it? Or is there a BIOS update that I need (I have the stock bios w/it..)?

Just wondering :)

Thanks
Fold and Frag on
Brian

Hey there bubba ;)

First thing you need to do is get the latest BIOS 1.6 tiz what I'm using for both of my NF7 boards :)

Next, if your CPU is a "Tbred B" then you shouldn't have no problems changing the Multi, my 2100B runs very stable @ 11*200~220 1.67~1.75vcore using Twinmos/winbon pc3200 @ 2.7v cas2, 2, 2, 2, 6 <--Relaxed ? :eek:

Other than that, you shouldn't have no problems with your muties unless you'er running a pally then you will have to "Unlock" it of course :p

Good luck bro, and let us know how it goes!

DpGravy

Last edited:
I've got the same CPU (2100+ "B") on my 2.0, and it changes fine. BIOS v1.4

Not trying to insult your intelligence, but IS it a T-Bred, and not a Pally?? Any/every T-Bred *should* be unlocked automatically...every Pally will be locked (unless modded via the bridges).

Just wondering....

LOL, sorry guys I wasnt paying attention to my thread.

And don't worry B, the only way someone can insult my intelligence is by saying I'm dumb :)

But yes, its is a T-bred, 100% positive noting the rectangular core (and i know its not a tbird :D) and where the core "info" is located.

I will try to get my FDD back up so I can flash to 1.6 like DG said to see if that works. BTW, DG, come into the folding channel again man! We miss ya ;)

Thanks again!
Fold and Frag on
Brian

I will try to get my FDD back up so I can flash to 1.6 like DG said to see if that works. BTW, DG, come into the folding channel again man! We miss ya

lol, I was just there the other day bubba ;) but thanks for noticing I was missing :D

oh, and by the way there is a new Rev. on the BIOS it is now 1.7 so you should skip 16 and use the latest and greatest LOL

I haven't had any problems with 17 as of yet :rolleyes:

Good luck man!

DpGravy

NM, it worked w/o the BIOS flash, I guess those couple of days It didn't want to go down....oi lol :)

But ya, now my fdd powers up but it wont read a disk and nothing will boot from it :rolleyes:

Fold and Frag on
Brian

Back