• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tubing type

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gbcue

Registered
What type of tubing do you use?

Tygon
Clearflex 60
Vinyl Tubing

Any specific sizes that you use? OD? ID? Wall?

Copper and vinyl, 1/2" ID (main system)
Copper, 3/8" ID and vinyl, 1/4" and 3/8" ID (cube server)
Vinyl, 1/4" ID (linux experiment box)

I am eventually planning on getting some ClearFlex and upgrading the tubing sizes in the other two rigs, but the copper is staying :) I like the way it looks and it just does NOT kink ;)

cheapo hardware store vynil. I cant see it anyways under all my insulation :D

1/2 ID on cpu, 3/8 on waterblock, 5/8ID coming off of pump.

It kinks around bends, but you can use L joints to fix that no prob.

Tygon is supposed to have better heat handling---if it's melted, then something has gotten way to hot in your system, which would be crispy at that point.

I've got the 1/16" wall stuff. Really, really flexible. I'm sure 1/8" wouldn't hurt me any, but I'm going with the specs I need for this to work the way I want.

Tygon R-1000 (1/2" ID, 3/4" OD, 1/8" wall)
for sharp turns and Tygon R-3603 (1/2" ID, 3/4" OD, 1/8" wall) for long ways...

That R-1000 is like $3.80 a foot! I think I'll stay with Tygon R-3603 for my future WC system because it is MUCH cheaper, $2.90 @ dangerden.

Rokk1972 said:
Clearflex 60, 1/2" ID, 3/4" OD, 1/8" walls

same here. I was using the cheap 1/2" reinforced vinyl tubing from Lowes, but it was so stiff that I could hardly make the necessary bends with it. The Clearflex is soo much nicer.

Back