• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Filling my setup...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big B

Registered
I'm actually now beginning to regret not having a res as I've got a slight issue actually filling the system.

I've got a T fitting in place with 3/8" ID Tygon tubing, and I'm having a heckuva time trying to get or find something that will allow me to fill it. I'm having a hard time finding the fitting I need to make this work, and I'm wondering if anyone has some suggestions to make this easier short of doing a resevoir.

*smack* No. I was looking in the automotive section where I work. Shoulda looked in housewares.

I have used various different funnels and watering cans to refill my T-Lines; they all worked but were a bit slow- especially with smaller tubing sizes. The best thing I found was......a Turkey Baster :D

Fight with it and get it filled and an idea for you: Air Trap :)

Basically it looks like a reservoir stuck on top of a T-Line, and that's just about what it is but I now think it is superior to both!

It restricts flow less than a res. (just like a T-Line) but it can have as big an opening as you want so it's easy to fill.

The best thing I've found to make them with so far is plastic spice
jars: the lids seal pretty well, they hold a decent volume of water and they are easy to fill.

It now takes me about ten minutes to go from an empty water system to booted into an OS.

Might be something to think about making.....

rogerdugans said:
I have used various different funnels and watering cans to refill my T-Lines; they all worked but were a bit slow- especially with smaller tubing sizes. The best thing I found was......a Turkey Baster :D

Fight with it and get it filled and an idea for you: Air Trap :)

Great ideas! Turkey-basters and spice-jars, man, now that's innovation! :D

I found something in the auto department at Wal-Mart. It's a plastic syringe for mixing stuff. Fits my 3/8" hole no problem.
Need to knock off the leak at one point before running the test phase, but I can now fill that bad boy up. :D

Back