• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nfs-s 2.0 in 1.2 box?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amsties

Registered
I ordered a abit nf7-s v2.0 and im not sure if it is a v2. it came in a vr 1.2 box said 333fsb instead of ultra 400. when i opened it and looked at the serial on board and said nf7-s v2.0. just wondering if anyone else got a v2 in a 1.2 box or if this even is a nf7-s v2.

Who did you order it from? Sounds a bit fishy...

Edit: Just checked my box and it has a green NF7-S V2.0 sticker on the back if that helps any.

Grimdeath is incorrect, the 1.2 versions have the 4 mounting holes in them also. It was the 1.0 that don't have the mount holes around the proc. That was the deciding factor for my purchase of the 1.2 version (this was prior to the 2.0 release, or I would have gotten that one) Anyway I have my waterblock mounted using this holes in the MOBO.

i just got my abit nf7-s 2.0 today and it came in a 1.2 box. I ordered it from excaliberpc.com. ill check it later to see if its a 2.0

i actually got my board today, and i ordered it from excaliberpc.com. I think mine came in v2.0 box because it says nForce2 Ultra 400 on the back. I checked the version number on the board itself and it says v2.0 also

yeah mine says that too x-kid, 400 on the back. hmm i wonder where he got his from.

As long as it says 2.0 on the board it's fine.

When a company updates a board like that midstride some get put back in an older box, but generally there's a sticker placed on the box to show the update. If there's not I wouldn't sweat it as long as it has the revision number on the board your golden.

I dought A bit(or any manufacturer) would go to the trouble of stamping a revision number on a board without the update. Imagine the hulabaloo that would cause.

My first board from newegg came in a version 2.0 box, but it was actually a 1.0 when I opened the box up.

My second board from newegg said version 1.2, but it was actually a 2.0 when I opened the box up.

Back