• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit NF7 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ImportPsycho

I'm about to buy Abit NF7 board tomorrow.
the difference btwn NF7 and NF7-S is only SATA?
anything else that's different?
cuz I only have ATA IDE so I'm going with NF7, anything else i'm missing out besides sata?

also I see there is NF7 v2.
is this something I have to check when I buy the board? or is this just something that's upgradable from original NF7?

thanks

Ya, I think the older NF7 only had AGP 4X.

There are ultra chipset versions of the mobo. I got mine at MWave which I've found very supportive with prior RMAs on mobo. It is a little harder to tell what Newegg is selling some times but they are excellent too if you can determine what they're shipping. Link to MWave Ultra NF7.

Be :cool:

to check if the board is a version 2 board you just have to look inside and somewhere on the board it will say ( cant remember atm cause im at work and cant look)

ImportPsycho said:
I'm about to buy Abit NF7 board tomorrow.
the difference btwn NF7 and NF7-S is only SATA?
anything else that's different?
cuz I only have ATA IDE so I'm going with NF7, anything else i'm missing out besides sata?

also I see there is NF7 v2.
is this something I have to check when I buy the board? or is this just something that's upgradable from original NF7?

thanks

Yes you are correct, the difference is indeed SATA, but there is better sound (as in Sound Storm) on the NF7-S as well... But if your not worried about the "Sound Quality" such as being able to do 6.1 DTS and such, then your not missing out on a thing :) Just Make sure you'er getting the Rev. 2.0 Board as they are VERY stable OC'ers and this is the last Revision to the NF7/NF7-S MB's ;)

I hear the Rev. 1.2 isn't that bad, but most that have them wish they had gone with the Rev. 2.0 :rolleyes: other than that, I have not a clue! heh :eek:

Good luck!

DpGravy

Get rev 2.0 if you like abit of o/c ability i say.

Also, i recommend getting S version. Future proof (in this case a good 3 - 4 years i hope) is the name of the game. Pay abit more and last longer!

Back