• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SVC Sending Old or Used Stuff?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoT

You can't fire me, I have
I ordered a bunch of thumbscrews, a tube of ASIII, and a Volcano 7+ from SVC. When I finally got it all, the Volcano 7+ was used, this was obvious by the fan grill being bent in, and the bottom of the sink had been lapped. I used the tube of ASIII, and a very very dark grey goop came out, not the shiny silver paste I'm used to.

I don't think I'll be buying from SVC again anytime soon.

This is definitely an isolated incident, try contacting SVC or Post your gripe Here and I will help you. :rolleyes:

Seriously contact them and I'm sure they will rectify this issue.

Alright, didn't see that thread. Thanks Sam, I'll try to call them (for the 3rd time) tomorrow. If I can't get ahold of them, I'll send you an email.

I am actually a local to SVC and I shop there all the time. Everything is new and sealed, I have never had any problems. I think they sell used network equipment on EBAY sometimes.

I've never had a problem with SVC... Newegg and SVC are my two favorite companies.

I can't believe they would send you a used heatsink... even worse a used tube of ASIII?!? ... maybe they had a disgruntled employee.

I called today (this is the third time), and got their machine telling me where to email various things. I'll be emailing you shortly, Sam.

SVC is like 10 min from my house. Yes they do have a problem answerinf the phone sometimes. I call them often for info on orders or anything else. Just keep calling they will eventually pickup the phone.

I go in and I talk with the people there they are nice and very helpfull. They are a bit disorganized right now, I think they did some remodelling or something. Anyway its possible they didnt check the box because they thought the Volcano7 was an unused return who knows, I doubt they messed with the artic silver though. Artic silver isnt shiny... it is dark grey goop, I ive had many tubes and never got shiny stuff...

But keep calling them, they will pickup at some point, also try emailing them, they answer quickly.. at least they should they had like 7 people there when I was there last time.

Ah, sorry I didn't email you, I got busy with some other things. Thanks Sam, I appreciate your help.

JoT said:
Ah, sorry I didn't email you, I got busy with some other things. Thanks Sam, I appreciate your help.

Just glad it worked out for you, I really wasn't worried because SVC is on my short list of outstanding vendors.

Should I be expecting an email from SVC or something?

I finally got through today, and was told that their phone systems had been down for about a week. I'll be RMAing the 7+ and ASIII. Thanks for the help Sam, hopefully I will have a good transaction with SVC next time.

IR1 said:
Artic silver isnt shiny... it is dark grey goop, I ive had many tubes and never got shiny stuff...

I dunno, I have used ASII before, and that's some shiny stuff, so I would expect the same of III. Anyone else with ideas on the color?

Mine is significantly darker than that.

odd, Never discount a bad 'mix' From the manufacturer tho.

Still doesnt excuse the lapped heatsink.

I made Fire and rustled up some wood and send a smoke signal to Nevin over at Arctic Silver, as he is the man to help answer the questions about the color of the product you recieved.

I just got my Zalman 7000alcu heatsink from them a few days ago. The package it came in was factory sealed. Almost took my finger off just trying to get it out of the plastic. This is the first item I have gotton from them so maybe I got lucky.

Strange that you would get a lapped heatsink. Very strange. Im pretty sure your warranty is toast if you lap a heatsink. Why would they even take something like in return much less sell it again.

Very strange indeed.

We have yet to run into a problem with a bad "mix.” If we had a problem batch, we would have hundreds of complaints. We have not. Besides, our stringent quality control prevents this.

With the exception of fake tubes, a color issue has always turned out to be perception. As we have improved AS3 over the last year and a half, the color has gone from silver to a silvery gray with a slight greenish tint.

Colin Thompson
Arctic Silver, Inc.

Back