• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wierd acting computer.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

ok so my friend just built a new p4 2.4 , ic7, 2x256 xms after i built mine. and his computer is acting super strange.
i put the ddr voltage to 2.8, it will not run 2 5 2 2 @ 200fsb... thats the first thing that scares me. it also doesnt work at 2 6 2 2, but at 2 5 3 3 it runs, i even tried 205 fsb and it worked find at memtest. so then i try 250/200 with 5:4 memory and everything else the same.. memtest gets tons of errors.. does cpu have anything to do with memtest? cause this alarmed me because i didnt change the memory frequency up. to confirm this i put memroy to 3:2 and it ran 250/168 and it still got errors in memtest!!!
now could i reasonably say that the motherboard is messed up? because i really doubt that the cpu cant do 250 fsb at 1.525 or 1.550...

anyone got any crazy ideas? im going to try my buffalo 3700 ram now which runs fine at 2 5 2 2 2.7v in my computer

max

EDIT:
ok i just put my buffalo ram in and ran memtest just fine at 2 5 2 2 and 2.7v.. right now im on my computer with his ram at 5:4 and 2 5 2 2 and 2.7v.. so the ram only doing 160fsb right now.. this isnt cool! 2 pairs of bad corsair in a row... gah. he wants to return it now and get buffalo ram like me..

anyone ever have corsair memory mess up 2 times in a row? newegg was the vendor btw... i am quite sure they didnt send the same ram back twice.

this belongs under memory now so someone could move it heh

Last edited:
HA u think thats strange???

when ever i put new stuff in my computer (once i even took out my power supply out to clean it and it didnt boot for 2 days) it always dosnt want to work for a few days. you think you have it bad too, i havent had my own computer for 6months (been on a dell)

sigh its all back together maby itll decide to work in the morining :/

~RCTG~

Back