• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MiTAC ak.a camaro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DJ Smak

this is the board on my AMDK6 2 500 that was originally in a prseario, i want to know if it is possible to overclock this board with the cpu? Ive heard it can get up to 550mhz

I did a little Googling, and there is some information out there. One site I found listed the max FSB as 97 MHz.
If you take a look at the motherboard, there may be silk screened charts that have the jumper settings for voltage and busspeed and multipliers.

50 to 100 MHz is generally the best you can expect for a K6-2 overclock.

Better cooling, more voltage (don't go over about 2.8) the usual stuff.

Don't forget, the clock setting of 2X is read as 6X by the K6-2.

If you are doing this for fun, have at it, but you won't see a whole lot of performance improvement for your time.

ya im just doin it for the experience, ive never done it before and i dont wanna wreck my new pc doin it .lol

I got of them MF. The stupid board came with a 533mhz k6-2. If you get one of these binned rejects lower the multiplier to 5x and increase the FSB to 100mhz. OTherwise you can't get any stability, atlest in win2k. Also get the proper video card drivers off of via for the BS northbridge. Make sure that they say KPLE. They are really nice and are comprably to ATI drivers, interface wise, but that doesn't help the sorry excuse for a northbridge that is sitting on the MB.

The manuel for the non-compaq version is available (direct link to a .doc file) here. Note the non-compaq board didn't have front pannel USB ports so they won't be mentioned in the manuel. I don't know the pin out of the compaq USBs. The board can do atleast 2.2v and 2.4v. I haven't opened my machine for 2 years so I don't remeber what other voltages are available but I think there is a silk screening explaining your options.

Also 533mhz don't overclock, they are binned rejects.

Back