• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS or ABIT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chris_F

What are the reasons to go with ASUS? What are the reasons to go with ABIT? Is one of them better?

Please tell me the best of the ASUS and the best of the ABIT.

HeHeHe - According to all of the other threads that I have seen nobody can go wrong with either company right now.

^^ I know both company builds great boards, so I guess I'm just going to pick one. Still I'm not sure which board to get. Each company makes so many.

So my question still stands, which is the best of the ASUS, and which is the best of the ABIT?

Chris Take a look at the following boards.

ABIT
IS7 series
IC7 series

ASUS
P4P800 series
P4C800 series

Right now I am leaning tword the IS7 for my new rig.

Sorry, Its for a P4 2.8C.

The series that 2XS listed are the exact boards I was looking at. But I'm still not sure which to get. I've heard that the IC7 and P4C800 boards are good, but more suggestions would help.

Flip a coin... heads, it's Asus... tails, it's Abit :D

You really can't go wrong with either company.

-Bobby

Since you haven't made up your mind, Abit will officially announce the IC7G-MAX3 next week. As for Asus, check out the P4C800E <--- 'E' which is already out.

i had a very bad experience with abit. i bought a it7 max last september and it's giving me A7 error code. so i did an RMA and they sent me a refurbished motherboard. i dont think this is making sense since i was not using my motherboard for more than a week and now i got a used motherboard for $150. well, since nothing can be done, i got to live with that. 2 weeks later, the rma'ed motherboard's IDE port was f*** up, so i did another RMA and gotten the 3rd RMA board. you know what, the 3rd rma board was not working at all. this made me very mad. i already did not mind them sending me reburfished motherboard but at least they test them and make sure the board is in working condition before sending them out to customers. OK, it seems like i need to do another RMA. when i summited the 4th rma form, they told me my record was not found and they need to charge me $35 bucks for the RMA. From that moment, my hope for abit has gone. i told myself this is my last purchase with abit. afterall, abit is not the best motherboard manufacturer out there and i just ordered an ASUS p4p800 deluxe.

Back