• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7-s v2 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amsties

Registered
just got and set up my new nf7-s v2 and when i turn it on all it says is detect the IDE drives... im not using ata i plugged my hd into ide 1 my floppy in floppy slot and cdroms to ide 2 they all have power, i think.. there all plugged in?

Last edited:
do you mean the SATA not detecting? If it is then you can turn that thing off by going to BIOS and manually switch off. I forget under which section. It's in the manual anyway

both sata and ide arnt working. i tryed every pin combo. its only my harddrive plugged in now. my dads maxtor works fine but my 2 year old wd 40g 7200 2mb hd don't.

i just picked up a nf7-s v2 and it wont detect my 2 year old westerdigital 40gb 7200rpm 2mb hard drive. i turn on my computer and all i get is "detecting ide device......" and stays at that.
theres nothing wrong with this hard drive it works on every other computer in my house just tested them all. right now i just have my drive ribbon hanging out my case along with power. there’s no other ide devices plugged in. i narrowed it down to my hard drive. iv tried every pin config a dozen different ribbons.... nothing. so i went and grabbed my dads maxtor and it detected with no problem. with same ribbon plugged at end with same power cord. i unplugged my hard drive and went into bios and tryed a couple different things like boot with sata and then plugged in hard drive with ide to sata converter, it also didn’t work.
its now at default i even cleared cmos. and yes its in ide 1

How about the master setting on your hd? there's a pin at the back next to your ide slot that needs to switch to master not as slave.
Otherwise i say sell the hd and get a new one :)

Back