• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7-s v2 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amsties

Registered
just got and set up my new nf7-s v2 and when i turn it on all it says is detect the IDE drives... im not using ata i plugged my hd into ide 1 my floppy in floppy slot and cdroms to ide 2 they all have power, i think.. there all plugged in?

Make sure you have the hard drive set to master and the cdrom is set to slave. Try that and see if it helps. If not try replacing the ide cables, but most likely its the master/slave issue. Good Luck!

i have 2 cdroms dvd and cdrw, both set to slave and 1 harddrive set to master. ide 1 on this board is below ide 2 right?

They should be labeled. They are different on every board. Look on the side of the ide connectors there should be IDE0 or IDE1, or, IDE1 or IDE2 in small letters.

That happened to me when I had a bad hard drive plugged in. Try one at a time, first try the cdrom on master by itself, then the hard drive on master by itself.

i disconnected my roms and just ran hard drive.. same problem. then unplugged roms and hard drive, got through to bios. so took my hard drive to my other computer (this one) and im now running as slave and have full access to all files on it so it ant my hard drive or my roms.??

i have a wd old 40 gb 7200rpm about 2-3 years old. what is there a wd jumper on mb?? i tryed my dads maxtor and it worked fine. and my hd works fine on evryother computer in my house.

Just a tip- with most mobo's, if you unplug the molex, but leave the ide ribbons on, the system will lock up when detecting drives.

Just make sure they are getting power and you should be all set.

The WD's jumpers are inbetween the molex power plug and and the IDE ribbon plug. I have no idea how they should be arranged, because most hdd manufacturors have different setups. Check online or check your HDD manual for info on how to set it to master. Some times there will be a little diagram sticker on the hard drive showing you what is what. Other times, you have to guess and check.

hddties.jpg

Notice my deathstar (sitting carelessly in my tie box) has two jumpers. Itty bitty instructions are on the side.

i just picked up a nf7-s v2 and it wont detect my 2 year old westerdigital 40gb 7200rpm 2mb hard drive. i turn on my computer and all i get is "detecting ide device......" and stays at that.
theres nothing wrong with this hard drive it works on every other computer in my house just tested them all. right now i just have my drive ribbon hanging out my case along with power. there’s no other ide devices plugged in. i narrowed it down to my hard drive. iv tried every pin config a dozen different ribbons.... nothing. so i went and grabbed my dads maxtor and it detected with no problem. with same ribbon plugged at end with same power cord. i unplugged my hard drive and went into bios and tryed a couple different things like boot with sata and then plugged in hard drive with ide to sata converter, it also didn’t work.
its now at default i even cleared cmos. and yes its in ide 1

Back