• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NTLDR is missing.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BiMM

Im not sure where I should post this, but Im going to try here. :)

When I start up my computer, I get that error:

"NTLDR is missing, Press any key to restart"

I have no clue what it means, does anyone else? I get the error like, RIGHT before you sholud see the windows screen.

This is a computer Im building with parts I had layin around, heres the components:

A7V8X - XP 1800+ - 256 Crucial PC2100 - Fortron350W - Old Omega Fireball HD (I think omega?).

Thanks.

---EDIT---

Nevermind.. Im sorry, I should have searched for this before I posted. :( After looking, It looks like I just need to format.

Well you can copy the NTLDR file from the i386 folder back to your HDD instead of formating. Boot into safe mode & get to a command line then go to your optical drive X:\i386\COPY NTLDR C: & you should be back up & running in no time. Granted the original install was done on that particular system if not just do a complete format & reinstall.

Back