• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling the 5900 Ultra Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WildCard

Registered
I just got the the Swiftech MCW50 gpu waterblock and I have a MSI FX5900 Ultra. The questions is: How do I get the water block onto the video card? None of the holes line up except for one (then it throughs all the other holes off) :mad: . Any help would be great right about now.

just use thermal epoxy. You can use any waterblock that way.

be warned: I did not get a SINGLE extra mhz out of wcing my vid card. (And thats chillin it to 0c too!). I suppose it all depends on your card. Also, keep in mind that the lack of airflow can be disastrous if you dont have a casefan nearby. I ended up having ot mount a fan on my card(depsite adding ramsinks) to keep the ram cool.

I'll try that. I finally got the rest of my parts for my new wc rig and this whole thing with the 5900 Ultra and the MCW50 took me by surprise. I sat there and stared at the 2 parts for at least 2 hours trying to figure out what I can do without having to buy anything else. Oh well. Tough ***** for me. I'll need to stop by the closest computer store (1 hour drive) and pick me up some artic silver adhesive. Thanx for the help! :)

Yeah, I'm also trying to WC my FX 5800 Ultra. Those HSFs are huge.

I hope its possible, I'll probably email Swiftech and ask or just do some experiement.

Good luck and let me know how it goes...

DP

Is your card one that needs active ram cooling? if so, then how do you plan on cooling that?

Are you sure there isnt 4 holes around the gpu? They shoudl be right in the corners of it.

Jon

I have the MSI Ultra 256. I am planning on removing the HSF and epoxying (Artic Silver Adhesive) the MCW50 water block to it. For he ram, I got one of those 80mm fans that you can have floating above the cards as a way to direct air. That should take care of the active cooling for the ram.

Back